SPN 1172/FMI 4
This code is typically turbocharger compressor inlet temperature circuit failed low.
Short Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the TCI Sensor.
- Disconnect the MCM 120–pin connector.
- Measure resistance between pins 3 and pin 4 of the TCI Sensor harness connector.
- If the resistance is less than 3 Ω, repair the short between pins 3 and pin 4 of the TCI Sensor harness connector and pins 86 and 105 of the MCM 120–pin connector. Refer to "188.8.131.52 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is greater than 3 Ω, repair the short between pin 3 of the TCI Sensor harness connector and pin 86 of the MCM 120–pin connector. Refer to "184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs" .
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|