SPN 1636/FMI 2
This diagnostic condition is typically erratic data.
Erratic Data Source Check
Check for the source of erratic data as follows:
- Disconnect the Intake Air Temperature Sensor.
- Inspect the harness connector for corroded, damaged, bent spread pins.
- If corroded, damaged, bent spread pins are found, repair as necessary.
- If no pin damage is found, replace the Intake Air Temperature Sensor.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|