SPN 3510/FMI 2
This fault indicates that the throttle pedal supply is receiving erratic data.
Erratic Data Check
Check for erratic data as follows:
- Disconnect the Accelerator Pedal (AP).
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Measure the voltage between pins 1 and 3 of the AP harness connector. See Figure
"Accelerator Pedal Assembly Installation"
Figure 1. Accelerator Pedal Assembly Installation
- Measure the voltage between pins 1 of the AP harness connector and ground.
- If the voltage is between 4.5 and 5.5 volts, repair the open circuit between pin 3 of the AP harness connector and pin 4 of the CPC #1 connector. Refer to "22.214.171.124 Verify Repairs" .
- If the voltage is less than 4.5, repair the open circuit between pin 1 of the AP harness connector and pin 8 of the CPC #1 connector. Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repairs" .
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the CPC #1 connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin 2 of the AP harness connector and pin 7 of the CPC #1 connector.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 MBE 4000 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE568|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|