SPN 3563/FMI 0
The typical diagnosis for this fault is the intake manifold pressure failed high.
Air Intake System Check
Check as follows:
- Inspect entire air intake system for leaks and/or restrictions.
- Connect DDDL 7.0.
- Turn the ignition ON (key ON, engine OFF).
- Perform the Turbo Actuator Hysteresis test..
- Check for a faulty turbocharger (compressor wheel does not spin freely or is rubbing on side walls).
- Disconnect the Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor.
- Inspect the Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor connector for bent, spread or corroded pins.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|