SPN 3588/FMI 4
The diagnosis for SPN 3588/FMI 4 is typically a short to ground.
Short Circuit Check
Check as follows:
- Disconnect the Ether Start connector at the Ether Injection Relay.
- Disconnect the 120–pin MCM connector.
- Measure the resistance between pin C of the Ether Start connector and ground.
- If the resistance is less than 5 Ω, repair the short circuit between pin C of the Ether Start connector and ground. Refer to "188.8.131.52 Verify Repairs" .
- If the resistance is greater than 5 Ω, replace the Ether Injection Relay.
Verify repairs as follows:
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Reconnect any electrical connections that were disconnected to perform the diagnosis.
- Clear codes with DDDL 7.0 or latest version.
- Start and bring engine up to operating temperature (over 140°F/60°C).
- Verify operation is satisfactory and no warning lamps illuminate. If warning lamps illuminate, troubleshoot the codes. If assistance is required, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center at 313–592–5800.
|EPA07 Series 60 DDEC VI Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE567|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|