Troubleshooting Flash Code 89
Technically, code 111/12 should not occur. It is logged if the ECM reports the ACLS immersed in coolant with the second (lower level) sensor out of coolant. For ACLS troubleshooting, refer to "89.3.1 ACLS Check" .
Code 95/0 indicates the fuel inlet restriction is high. For fuel inlet restriction troubleshooting, refer to "89.3.2 Check Fuel Inlet Restriction" .
The following procedure will troubleshoot the ACLS:
- Remove the ACLS and clean (or replace) the probe.
- If the code cannot be cleared, inspect all the grounds associated with the ACLS.
- Ensure the alternator in the unit has a good clean ground path to the battery.
Check Fuel Inlet Restriction
The following procedure will troubleshoot the fuel inlet restriction:
- Check the fuel filters and replace if plugged or dirty. See Figure "Fuel Filter Restriction Sensor" .
- Refer to the appropriate engine service manual for the reasons for high fuel inlet restriction.
Figure 1. Fuel Filter Restriction Sensor
|DDEC III/IV Single ECM Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE497|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|