Description of Flash Code 34
Flash Code 34 indicates that the engine Turbo Boost Sensor (TBS), see Figure "Turbo Boost Sensor" and see Figure "Turbo Boost Sensor — 2003 Engines" , input to the ECM has dropped below 5% (normally < 0.25 volts) of the sensor supply voltage.
This diagnostic condition is typically:
- Open sensor signal circuit
- Open sensor +5 volt supply circuit
- Sensor signal is shorted to sensor return circuit or to ground
- Sensor +5 volt supply is shorted to the sensor return circuit or ground
- Plugged or restricted air filter.
|DDEC III/IV Single ECM Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE497|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|