Troubleshooting Flash Code 55
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 55.
Check J1939 Data Link
Perform the following steps to check for J1939 data link fault.
- Is this a J1939 transmission/engine application?
- If yes, contact Detroit Diesel Technical Service.
- If no, use programming station and go to "update customer calibration" and select transmission to manual, or correct transmission. Save changes. Refer to "55.3.3 Verify Repairs" .
ECU Code Check
Perform the following steps if code 216/14, missing other ECU displays. This indicates DDEC ECM has lost its connection with other ECU devices and a lost or shorted J1939 data link.
- If code 86/14 displays also, there is a fault with the smart cruise. Contact OEM for instructions.
- If code 84/12 displays, the fault is with the programming of the ECM, or a short exists to the J1939 data link. Contact OEM for VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) troubleshooting.
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
- Start engine.
- Plug in DDR.
- Read codes.
- If active codes 216/14 or 231/12 are not logged, troubleshooting is complete.
- If active codes 216/14 or 231/12 are logged, contact Detroit Diesel Technical Service. Check DDR software level. Update DDR software if current level is 1.2.
|DDEC III/IV Single ECM Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE497|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|