Troubleshooting Flash Code 64
The following procedure will troubleshoot Flash Code 64.
Turbocharger Overspeed Check
Perform the following steps to check for turbocharger overspeed:
- Disconnect turbo speed sensor connector.
- Measure resistance between cavity 3 (shield) and battery ground. See Figure
"Turbo Speed Sensor Wiring"
Figure 1. Turbo Speed Sensor Wiring
Perform the following steps to verify repairs for the EGR valve:
- Connect all connectors.
- Start and run the engine.
- Road test the engine.
- If code 64 was not logged, no further troubleshooting is required.
- If code 64 was logged, please review this section starting with EGR-1. Refer to "10.16 Exhaust Gas Recirculation System (EGR-1) – Fault, Series 50 Engine" . Then call Detroit Diesel Technical Service, or try a test ECM.
|DDEC III/IV Single ECM Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE497|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|