Troubleshooting Flash Code 77, PID 81, FMI 4
Flash Code 77, p 81/4 is exhaust back pressure failed low
Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Failed Low
Perform the following steps to troubleshoot this condition:
- Unplug EBP Sensor.
- Install a jumper cable between cavities A and B.
- Start engine.
Check for Short
- Remove jumper cable.
- Measure continuity between cavities A and C.
Perform the following steps to check the connectors:
- If connectors are not damaged, replace the EBP Sensor and refer to "184.108.40.206 Verify Repairs" .
- If the connectors are corroded, bent, or damaged, repair or replace them and refer to "220.127.116.11 Verify Repairs" .
Perform the following steps to verify repairs.
- Turn ignition switch OFF and reconnect all connectors.
- Turn ignition ON and clear codes.
- Start and run the engine for one minute.
- Stop the engine and check diagnostic tool for codes.
- If no codes are logged, no further troubleshooting is required.
- If codes p 81/4 was not logged, and other codes are logged, refer to "18.3 First Step for Diagnosing a Fault Within the DDEC System" .
- If code p 81/4 and other codes are logged, review this section from the first step to find the error.
|Series 60 DDEC V Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE570|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|