Troubleshooting Flash Code 82, PID 412/FMI 4
For all EGR related codes, always perform the “Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Basic Checks.” Refer to "20.18 Exhaust Gas Recirculation System Basic Checks for Series 60 Engines" .
Check for Short
Perform the following steps to check for a short:
- Unplug the EGR temperature sensor.
- Measure resistance between cavities 1 and 2. See Figure
"EGR Temperature Sensor Wiring"
Figure 1. EGR Temperature Sensor Wiring
- If the resistance measurement is less than or equal to 5 Ω, circuit E-10 has shorted to circuit E-15. Repair the short. Verify. Refer to "22.214.171.124 Verify Repair" .
- If the resistance measurement is greater than 5 Ω, replace the EGR temperature sensor and verify the repair. Refer to "126.96.36.199 Verify Repair" .
Perform the following steps to verify repairs for the EGR temperature or pressure sensor:
- Connect all connectors. Start and run the engine.
- Road test the engine.
- If code 82 was not logged, no further troubleshooting is required.
- If code 82 was logged, please review this section from the first step to find the error. Refer to "74.3.1 Check for Short" . If this is the second time through the procedure, call the Detroit Diesel Customer Support Center (313–592–5800) or try a test ECM/ECU.
|Series 60 DDEC V Troubleshooting Guide - 6SE570|
|Generated on 10-13-2008|